- Customer will set up an AWS S3 bucket and provide Leapfin team with a role that has write permission to a folder where the monthly Netsuite JE report can be uploaded.
- Customer will provide Leapfin with a test file in *.csv format that can be successfully uploaded to the customer's Netsuite instance.
- Based on this, the *.csv file column headers and data types for each field will be determined by Leapfin
- Leapfin will generate this *.csv file and upload to the S3 location setup by your team at a pre-determined frequency
- Customer can then use a NetSuite RESTlet or iPaaS solution software such as Workato to fetch the files and direct it into NetSuite.
Format: Leapfin currently creates custom reports for export to Netsuite in *.csv format
Frequency: We recommend triggering the report monthly after the numbers for the month are locked in Leapfin
- For audit purposes you would need a system backup of transactions reported through the export and this way Leapfin can serve as the audit trail.
- In case a daily/weekly *.csv export is needed, we recommend getting a daily export as well of transactions report from our snowflake system
The future of pushing to Netsuite will be addressed via a new feature called the Data Exporter which will allow customers to configure export jobs including:
- Select the action you would like to do. For the immediate rollout, this will support:
- Pushing Journal Entry Data to Netsuite
- Pushing Custom Report Data/ Data Dumps to a Leapfin-Managed SFTP Service
- Defining the data type you would like to send (data dump or custom report) and the relevant parameters to define
- Define the validation you'd like to apply to the report. In some cases, you'll need to transform the data so that you can have it ready for ingestion into an outgoing system.
- Defining the schedule you would like to send data at, this can be a one-time job or on a recurring basis.
- Depending on the action selected, selecting destinations where data can be sent in a configured format.
In the Data Exporter use case, we can see two clear distinctions:
- Basic Data Exporting Workflow
- Supports one action which is exporting custom reports and data dump to standard locations such as SFTP
- NetSuite Exporting Workflow
- Currently, will support one action which is pushing Journal Entry data to the General Ledger in Netsuite via SOAP API
Each workflow, or action, shares a set of common and unique components that allow Leapfin to fulfil a particular use case for destination(s). In the future, these workflows/actions will expand as we integrate with more applications (ie. Workday) or add more actions (ie. send reports via email as a destination). The data exporter will be flexible enough for external developers to develop with an SDK available.
Updated 10 days ago